Skip to content
- Develop, monitor and evaluate the strategic implementation of the National Sports Policy.
- Monitor, evaluate and review the implementation of Health & Physical Education in Primary and Secondary schools.
- Conduct OR coordinate coaching and refereeing in-service training for teachers to effectively implement the Health & P.E. Curriculum.
- Promote and develop sports and Health & P.E programs for Special Needs schools.
- Coordinate and fund the accreditation and certification of coaches and referees in the communities to be in accordance with International Standards.
- Coordinate and encourage widespread participation in quality Sports and Physical Activities at all levels.
- Coordinate OR conduct sports management and administration seminars to establish accountability and transparency within Sports Associations.
- Encourage and promote quality competitions on a provincial and national level for schools and communities.
- Coordinate, administer and review the Sports Compensation Scheme.
- Construct new and upgrade existing sports facilities in accordance with international standards.
- Procure and distribute appropriate sports equipment.
- Liaise and strengthen collaboration and partnership with SASNOC to ensure
- Government support to host national and international sport events
- Provide appropriate technical and financial assistance for Elite Athletes and
- National Teams for international competitios