Skip to content
- Implement a fully outcomes based assessment reporting system in accordance with national policies and objectives:
- Effectively manage the administration of all national assessments.
- Work with the National Assessment Council to conduct periodical reviews of the Samoa National Assessment Policy
- Ensure understanding and appropriate implementation of the National Assessment Policy in guiding schools-wide assessment plans from the drawing board to the classroom.
- Implement the recruitment of trained examiners, moderators, supervisors and examination markers (for senior national examinations)
- Liaise with TDAD to schedule and conduct training for Principals, SRO’s, examiners, markers and teachers on assessment to support teaching and learning
- Liaise with School Operations on the administration of SPELL tests, Year 8, Year 12 and Year 13 national examinations
- Co-ordinate the development and regular reviews of subject specifications and prescriptions
- Conduct analysis of national assessment results data and provide statistical reports in coordination with PPRD
- Develop and manage item bank system
- Conduct validity studies of assessment tools
- Conduct standardization of assessment items
- Monitor and evaluate all assessment programs and activities