Ensure the development of curricula for all levels of schooling that is consistent with national objectives:
- Develop the National Curriculum Policy Framework for approval by the National Curriculum Council
- Work with the NCC to ensure regular reviews of the National Curriculum Policy Framework and curriculum statements
- Provide executive support to the NCC
- Manage the development and review of curriculum statements for all subject areas
- Provide ongoing support for teachers for effective implementation of the National Curriculum Policy Framework and curriculum statements through network meetings and monitoring visits
- Provide detailed reports of visits, network meetings and training highlighting issues and recommendations for the MESC Executive
- Liaise with PEO Teacher Development to schedule and conduct training for Principals, SRO's and teachers on the use of the National Curriculum Policy Framework and curriculum statements.
Ensure the provision of materials to support the teaching of the curriculum:
- Manage the development of curriculum support materials including multimedia resources efficiently and according to the agreed development schedule and Materials Production Plan
- Establish and maintain subject committees
- Conduct regular reviews of support materials to ensure consistency with the curriculum statements and according to the procedures specified in the Review and Evaluation Plan.
- Liaise with PEO Teacher Development to schedule and conduct in-service training for Principals, SROs and teachers on effective use of support materials and equipment
- Conduct monitoring visits to ensure effective implementation of support materials and equipment.
- Develop intervention strategies for systems wide improvement.