Co-ordinate budget planning, preparation, presentation and distribution:
- Liaison with Ministry of Finance, Public Service Commission and Public Accounts Committee on financial budgetary matters;
- Provide regular and accurate financial budget reports to Output Managers and Full Executive members on a timely manner;
- Provide financial advice on the trends and impacts of expenditure and revenue according to the approved budget;
- Monitor output expenditures to ensure compliance with budgetary recommendations; and to review financial transactions and codes for conformance to standard procedures and accounts, and
- Provide efficient and effective financial records management.
Manage financial transactions on behalf of the Ministry in an efficient and effective manner:
- Implement and monitor system controls of the Financing Reporting System (GoFAR – Finance One);
- Operate and monitor systems to control and record revenues and expenditures;
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date financial reports;
- Comply with the Acts and legislation of the GoS financial and budgeting reforms; and,
- Review and establish efficient work flow procedures for the Ministry
Ensure effective and efficient administration within the Ministry:
- Ensure compliance with up-to-date GoS requirements;
- Maintain a close liaison with PSC and Ministry of Finance on HR matters.
- Regularly monitor data entry procedures and maintain accurate payroll records and systems [GOFAR-People One and Pelican];
- Maintain, review and establish efficient work flow patterns;
- Monitor the implementation of MESC standard formats, templates, and procedures manuals;
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date payroll and administration records;
- Conduct mail delivery to all schools in Savaii and Upolu; and,
- Ensure effective allocation of transport services to all MESC divisions.
Manage MESC’s corporate personnel functions:
- Co-ordinate recruitment, appointment, resignations, retirements and assessment of corporate and teaching staff;
- Identify training needs and budget, and schedule relevant training;
- Collate and facilitate the preparation of performance plans and succession planning;
- Monitor the recruitment and selection systems and processes and report monthly;
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date information for all corporate and teaching staff personnel files;
- Maintain and review the central registry filing system;
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of all correspondence for the Ministry; and,
- Ensure the archives room is well maintained and kept clean at all times.
To ensure efficient and effective printing services for the Ministry and all schools:
- To print all educational support materials for the Ministry and all schools in a timely and efficient manner
- To print, compile and collate other reports as recommended by the Core Executive;
- Liaise with School Operations and the Curriculum, Materials and Assessment Division for printing requests;
- Maintain accurate records of printing requests;
- Conduct periodic maintenance work of all printing machines and coordinate servicing of the machines;
- Review and record the performance of the printing machinery; and,
- Conduct staff training on all printing machinery.